This position will also require the review and analysis of large software contracts and the documentation of significant terms. Gathering of facts, problem resolution, listening to customer requirements, and detailed analysis of several facets of a transaction is needed to ultimately determine the amount and timing of revenue recognition. Accounting research related to revenue recognition may be necessary. For transactions in the respective territories, preparation of final revenue recognition accounting conclusions and supporting documentation will be part of this role. Education and training to various groups on software revenue recognition ''best practices” must be provided as part of this role. Preparation and completion of other projects will be required from time-to-time.
A Bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
The ideal candidate must also have at least two or more years of experience with the following:
• Identifying revenue recognition issues on incoming deals
• Reviewing significant, non-standard contracts for compliance with ASC 606 and authoritative guidance
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in the Netherlands time zone.
• Ability to work and interact in a professional environment with different cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to think on your feet and know when you need assistance
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and work long hours to meet the quarter deadlines
• Preparation of Revenue Recognition documents for new Contracts
• Working with Sales and Best Practice Manager on contract issues to provide suggestions and assistance for contract negotiation to ensure proper revenue recognition
• Communicating and educating Sales and Best Practices Manager about basic revenue accounting principles
• Perform revenue carve out based on SSP
• Ensuring that revenues and cost of goods sold are recorded in an accurate and timely matter
• Assisting in quarter-end revenue audit efforts
• Knowledge and ability to use SFDC, Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot tables, MicroStrategy, and SharePoint
• Ensuring contract parameters and requirements are met
• Analyzing findings, developing recommendations and presenting to senior management
• Evaluating processing workflows and identifying potential areas of improvement