Job Description and Objectives
Role & Responsibilities
You’ll provide second/third level technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access for XR products such as CRS-1 & CRS-3, ASR9000. You have a working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols.
Your crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems are second to none. You strive to be an IOS-XR Technical Consulting Engineer that would be driving projects within the business unit and to be part of several engineering and Technical Content Delivery activities. You will work on problems of moderate to wide scope and moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
Who you Are?
- You are a trusted resource in the area of IOS-XR & IOS-XE and its underlying platforms (CRS, ASR9K, NCS5000, NCS5500, NCS520, NCS540) and technologies like Routing & Switching protocols, BNG, ISG, and related capabilities.
- Routing Protocols, IPv4 , IPv6, MPLS, Quality of Service, L2VPN, BNG, ISG, Switching, XR, IOS-XR. CRS-1, CRS-3, ASR9000
- Strong Nexus 3K/5K/7K/9K platforms product architecture, vPC, fabricpath, STP
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, EVPN
- Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private VLANs
- Layer 3 Overlay Protocols (OTV, LISP)
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Expert level knowledge in the areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, Trunking (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), IP Routing protocols(IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- You can independently solve problems in broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed protocols in high end routing environments for our largest customers.
- You will provide support to engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aids them in problem resolution.
- You are able to work on complex and diverse problems where analysis requires imaginative and innovative troubleshooting.
- You act as a focal point for large account network problem resolution and provide technical leadership for Critical Accounts.
- You provide systems/product training in written and presentation form, such as chalk talks, web pages, white papers, Tech Zone and Cisco Support Community participation, Cisco Live, EBCs, etc.
- 8+ years of technical experience in Data Center technologies
- Knowledge of large-scale Data Center Switch Fabric Architectures
- You effectively utilize lab setups to debug broad and complex problems and submit complete bug reports while monitoring reports of other engineers for quality.
- You provide input to Engineering and product organizations on future product development.
- You lead the creation of intellectual capital through written documents and machine consumable scripts and signatures that enables faster issue identification and resolution
- You will continuously develop up and coming talent within our service delivery teams.
- Build and maintain trust and relationships with customers and Cisco team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include multi-functional influence, external and internal consulting
Must Have Skills :
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Cisco portfolio of offerings.
- Experience running complex technical projects. Strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to create and execute on our top account’s strategic initiatives.
- You have experience interacting with Development Engineers and Escalation teams supporting IOS-XR technologies.
- You can have had success as the technical support lead on high profile and time-critical customer problems where Cisco is at risk, such as CAP cases.
- You can demonstrate success in working with development to correct bugs in our products. Effective planning, prioritization and organizing skills
- Proven crisis management skills
- BS/BA in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent
- CCIE and/or CCDE certification.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- Colorful hair Don’t care. Tattoos Show off your ink. Like polka dots That’s cool. Pop culture geek Many of us are.