If this kind of working environment sounds exciting to you, if you understand that Engineering is about building the most effective and elegant solution within a given set of constraints - consider applying for this position. But hold on, you best check the position requirements first :) What you'll be doing:
What you'll need:
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale, while improving internal engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Scope, design and implement multi-cloud platform solutions that make the appropriate tradeoffs between resiliency, durability, and performance.
- Develop tooling and automate processes to provide a resilient and flexible platform for all of Forter’s engineering teams.
- Help debug and solve critical infrastructure issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
It'd be really cool if you also have:
- 4+ years of experience in reliability engineering, software engineering, or systems engineering at a large-scale software company
- 2+ years working with Infrastructure As Code tools (Cloudformation / Terraform / Pulumi)
- Strong understanding and practical experience in
- Working with public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Service infrastructure environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Terraform, etc.)
- Multiple database and storage options, including clustering, sharding and failure recovery of SQL, NoSQL, in memory caching, etc.
- Monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. ELK, Prometheus)
- Familiarity with the full life cycle of software development, from design and implementation to testing and deployment
- Experience in systems engineering at scale with regards to testing, reliability, security, and observability
- A mature understanding to strike the balance between ideal and pragmatic solutions on a case-by-case basis
- Curiosity to learn and share knowledge with peers, and the motivation to empower others to be more productive
- Pleasure in anticipating how systems fail, how to observe and design robust systems, and building the right interfaces that encourage best practices
- Enthusiasm for providing technical solutions that bring immediate impact
- Passion for developing tools that other love to use
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
Projects you could work on:
- Experience with service-mesh solutions (e.g. Istio, Consul Connect)
- Worked with HashiCorp’s tools: Packer, Terraform, Vault, Consul, etc.
- Experience developing multi-cloud SAAS platforms
- Experience with public cloud cost management and optimization (FinOps)
We have a ton of important work to do, which is why we’re hiring! Our projects are, of course, changing all the time, but here are a few that are either planned or ongoing, to give you an idea of the types of projects on our roadmap:
- Redesign our monitoring and alerting stack to support our growing scale while reducing operational overhead.
- Implement a service-mesh solution to bridge VMs and K8s workloads across multiple regions and clouds.
- Migrate a large system (thousands of servers) to cloud-agnostic technologies (e.g. K8S, Vault, etc.) with no downtime.
- Introduce chaos engineering paradigms and a suite of fault-injection tools to our stack in order to continuously test and improve our systems resiliency.