If this kind of working environment sounds exciting to you, if you understand that Engineering is about building the most effective and elegant solution within a given set of constraints - consider applying for this position. But hold on, you best check the position requirements below first :)
Stuff you’ll be doing:
- Deliver. Forter Engineering is the engine that propels the business. Our goal is to support the company’s hyper-growth while defaulting to “Yes”. It’s not about saying yes all the time, but rather having a seat at the table and offering clear tradeoffs and suggestions to make good business decisions.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Forter.
- Help double the group (35 engineers today) in the next 12 months by supporting the engineering managers and recruiters and improve the process around hiring.
- Develop Principal Engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers. Consult on development growth of Staff Engineers reporting to Engineering Managers.
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Forter’s engineering management team.
- Work closely with our Product, Analytics, Ops, Marketing, and Sales teams to build products our customers would love to use on a daily basis. Serve as the focal point with regards to high-level scoping and design of cross-team/group initiatives.
- Work closely with our engineering teams and product team to help prioritize initiatives that would increase the effectiveness of our Customer Success, Finance, and Ops teams.
- Help with project management of huge projects (>20 people) that require complex coordination with other groups and teams at Forter.
Stuff we need you to have:
- Experience managing managers for 4+ years
- Experience growing teams of 30+ engineers
- Experience in building large scale B2B SaaS products
- Extensive experience and a genuine passion for building and running cutting-edge product engineering teams
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- Successfully led a project with more than 15 engineers, from multiple teams
- The ability to work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- 10+ years developing complex software projects
- Extensive experience working with public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production
- Excellent presentation skills - can talk and explain at the right level of abstraction to different audiences
- Fluent in written and spoken English
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- Fintech experience. Dealing with issuers/processors/merchants and handling payments
- You are confident representing your agenda and opinions in a business full of engaged, passionate people
- You designed and launched products - side projects or massive B2B/B2C products