the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments. Typically provides guidance to other non- exempt employees.
- Working independently while using standard protocol when needed to respond to customer issues. Moderate judgment is used to supplement the outlined process.
- See description above successfully resolve moderate to more difficult technical issues (related to hardware and software) from incoming customer contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer-relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (for example warranty, enterprise and some mission-critical).
- Proactively assist customers to avoid or reduce problem occurrence. ' Participates in projects for process or quality improvements.
- May act as a mentor to lower level employee working on similar hardware and software.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school education or equivalent. Typically requires 3- 5 years general experience, or equivalent combination of Experience and college level education.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior skills both written and verbal communication.
- Experience in customer facing role, remote support, telephone, e- support, e-chat or similar.
- Computer proficiency with applicable software applications (for example Microsoft Office, CAD, Adobe Suite, programming.
- Has recognized technical skill in the range of products supported within relevant product lines; focus more acutely on a specific product line – for example, Proliant related storage.
- Collaborates with CC and SCE peers on resolving issues.
- Knowledge and experience using Knowledge Management systems.
united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.