Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new full-stack web-based products and solutions as part of ongoing green-field development projects.
- Maintain and improve web-based customer-facing applications supported by C#.Net APIs and services.
- Develops unit, integration, and automation tests for completed User Stories and Defects.
- Participates in agile ceremonies, including grooming and sizing User Stories.
- Perform code-reviews and do QA acceptance of other developer stories and defects.
- Periodic participation in on-call support rotation (for additional compensation).
- Handle tier-4 customer support escalations as necessary.
Required Skills and Traits
- Mastery of full-stack development using Microsoft C# .NET
- Strong web-development expertise using Angular.
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding of relational database concepts including theory, table design, normalization, testing, stored procedure, security, and performance tuning
- Complete understanding of agile scrum methodologies and best-practices
- Self-driven and a fast learner
- Experience maintaining and safely re-factoring legacy software is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Honest, ethical, reliable, and collaborative
- Ability to take responsibility for deliverables, own quality, and actively lead medium-sized efforts.
- Ability to, without assistance, develop n-tier client-server applications that use web server, application server and database engine architectures.
- Experience hosting server-side applications in mixed cloud\ on-premises model is a plus.
- 6+ years of strong Object -oriented design and programming experience
- At least the 3 of the last 5 years using Microsoft C#.NET
- 3+ years working with Microsoft SQL server or similar database technologies
- At least 2+ years using Angular.
- 1+ recent years of experience working in an agile scrum team
- 1+ years’ experience working on large-scale multi-team projects
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience with MS SQL Server is strongly desired.
- Experience with nunit and TDD is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with data-warehousing and ETL processes is desired.
- Experience with an agile-planning tool is expected; Jira experience being a plus.
- Previous experience in a senior or lead developer role.
- Experience working in a remote setting is preferred.
- Experience with Elastisearch or RabitMQ a plus.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field is preferred but not required.
- Alternatively, candidates with significant experience and a proven history of success as senior\lead software developers regardless of formal education.