Your Role and Responsibilities As Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big data solutions. You will be involved in the design of data solutions using Hadoop based technologies along with Java & Spark programming. Responsibilities:
- Responsible to Ingest data from files, streams and databases. Process the data with Hive, Hadoop, Spark.
- Develop programs in Scala, Java and Python as part of data cleaning and processing
- Responsible to design and develop distributed, high volume, high velocity multi-threaded event processing systems using Core Java technology stack
- Develop efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Core Java and Big Data technologies for various use cases built on the platform
- Provide high operational excellence guaranteeing high availability and platform stability
- Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever-increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Apache Spark, Hadoop, any Cloud computing etc.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Big Data technologies
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Java and multi-threading programming
- Expertise in Python, Spark and Hadoop technologies
- Proficient in development using SQL, Hive, Scala,
- Ability to demonstrate micro / macro designing and familiar with Unix Commands and basic work experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- Demonstrated ability in solutioning covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for consumers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise in Python or Scala programming
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications