You’ll sweep us off our feet if….
- Go programming language proficiency. Java is also nice to have.
- Working knowledge in container and cloud native technologies – Kubernetes, Docker
- Prior experience developing or working with Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or OpenStack is highly desired.
- Prior experience developing or working with CI/CD or GitOps systems is highly desired.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Build and improve our Kubernetes multi-cluster deployment product.
- Writing code that is testable and readable, and paying down technical debt regularly.
- Working in a complex globally distributed, multi cloud environment
What you’ll do…
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
- Key languages needed are: Java, Python, Go, Scala, C, C++.
- Firm understanding of distributed system challenges (Consensus, processing semantics, Event-sourcing, CQRS, Locks, Concurrency, Transactions, etc.)
- Experience with distributed messaging systems like Kafka
- Strong grasp of HDFS/Hadoop ecosystem
- Working within stateful and/or stateless containers and orchestration via Kubernetes, Nomad or equivalent
- Experience with Relational, Distributed, and Document Databases such as Cassandra/HBase, MySQL, CosmosDB, Spanner, or Dynamo
- Experience with PaaS systems including Cosmos, Cloud Sql, Redshift, etc
- Fundamental ANSI SQL understanding
The salary wage range for this position is $136000 to $200000* Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America