In this role, you will…
- Perform monthly closing activities including preparation and approval of journal entries, and inventory related account reconciliations.
- Manage inventory and related transactions, including physical to perpetual to general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, audit explanations, and standard costs.
- Analyze inventory adjustments over set thresholds and work with production control to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Analyze operating costs including ad hoc studies incorporating plant staffing, capacity and utilization, Purchase Price Variance and Make/Buy analyses; as well as other cost related projects.
- Manage the periodic requirements of manufacturing systems to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins and provide meaningful analysis of results.
- Provide cost accounting support to cross functional areas as requested.
- Direct the development and review of cost analysis reports and work with operations to formulate corrective actions.
· Prepare and present reports and presentations to senior management.
- Participation in the process of building the company's annual budget.
- Interact with Internal Audit and the independent public accounting firm on quarterly reviews and/or annual audit including Sarbanes Oxley(SOX) matters.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
In this role, you’ll need …
- BS in Accounting, Economics or equivalent is required.
- At least 2-4 years of progressive experience with mid to large U.S. publicly held companies.
- Thorough understanding of Cost Accounting, COGS and Inventories.
- High level English required
- Strong Excel and Power Point capabilities is mandatory.
- Strong understanding of fully integrated ERP systems (Experience with SAP is a plus).