- As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of the team, you will collaborate with extremely smart and proficient peers leading and designing web technologies.
- You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering perfection. As a technical lead you are expected to assess business problems, design optimal solutions and drive implementation to meet the business expectations.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Lead end to end technical designs and teams
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project related team meetings
- Work with other engineers, Architects, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and consistency to development principles and product goals.
- You will chip in to the development, testing, release, triage, bug fix, documentation and rest of the cycles in product development and maintenance
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 8+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science plus 6+ years of hands-on experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems scaling beyond 1B requests/day and focused on improving buyer experience at eBay.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Experienced in building RESTful Services, relational and NoSQL datastores and batch & event stream processing.
- Experienced in non-functional skills like Security, Accessibility, Site Speed optimization, Cross-browser /Cross-platform UX Design.
- Craft optimized CSS with LESS or SASS.
- Propose and implement working prototypes for testing new ideas
- Drive architecture discussions, produce well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack,, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes
- Partner effectively and influence peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across eBay
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
- MS + 6 years of experience or bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree) + 8 years of experience
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
For more information see:and
View our and