Understanding Partner Technical Environment
- Adapts business models, plans, and solutions to insights.
- Acts as the voice of the partner by driving new feedback, gaps, blockers, insights, resources, etc. across communities to track, add, and prioritize, using established channels.
Architecture Design and Deployment
- Receives and synthesizes data about customer/partner business and technical requirements, addresses them with technical architecture(s), and demonstrates and proves those solutions capability and business value through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
- Applies broad technical knowledge across various of architecture solutions to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints. helps to shape and enhance customers' requirements.
- Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s). Provides thought leadership for technical architecture design, development, and deployment and supports/drives the customer/partner throughout pre-sales and/or implementation.
- Identifies, escalates, and works to resolve technical blockers (e.g., changing configurations, sample coding) to accelerate architecture implementations and routes non-technical issues for removal by the appropriate party.
- Adapts methodology and applies governance to identify, communicate, and minimize business and technical risks (e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Cloud Adoption Framework). Defines customer/partner conditions of success, adheres to quality assurance, and calculates risks while designing and/or delivering solutions.
- Generates new ideas for changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and processes for designated customers/partners. drives opportunities for IP re-use, best practice sharing, and consumption.
- Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with partner architects and technical specialists, technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders.
- Respectfully challenges partners when going in the wrong direction and escalates appropriately.
- Understands the competitor's architecture solutions and identifies Microsoft's strengths over competitive solutions to drive conversations with customers/partners and convince them of solution.
- Shares ideas, insight, and strategic, technical input with technical teams, internal communities across the field, and the larger virtual team across Microsoft using a thorough knowledge of specific Microsoft products and their context in the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure).