About the role
This is a great opportunity;
- To work on flagship devices with the world's most successful mobile companies.
- Take the skills you have developed in early engineering career and see them used in a wider business context.
- Be part of and be well supported by a team of experts.
What will I be accountable for?
- Developing the high-level graphics APIs of our Mali driver: OpenGL ES 3.x, EGL, and Vulkan.
- Working with some of the biggest names in the consumer electronics space on their latest and greatest platforms.
- Integrate and optimise our software into their flagship devices to show the world what Mali can do.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need as a perfect candidate?
- I have a hands-on experience with Graphics API such as (but not limited to) OpenGL ES and/or Vulkan and/or EGL Khronos APIs.
- I know C and/or C++.
- I have experience with Android, especially the graphics framework (SurfaceFlinger and HWC).
- I am good in problem solving and debugging.
- I have excellent team working skills.
- I am a passionate learner who is enjoying new technologies.
- I have good oral and written English communication skills.
- I am ready to travel occasionally.
- I feel comfortable to work directly with customers as a technology expert.
It would be great if you also had some of the following:
- A track-record of working on successful consumer electronics devices.
- Experience optimising graphics applications and understand challenges of that work.
- Experience in large, multi-site software development projects.
- Experience in VR/AR related projects.
- Experience with Wayland and related mechanisms.
- Experience with tuning and optimising memory and power constrained embedded software.
- Experience with Linux development environments.
- Knowledge of full Software life-cycle including specification design, test and documentation.
- Experience of Agile software development.