DevOps Engineer Expert
Israel, Petach Tikva
Israel, Tel Aviv
Israel, Hod Hasharon
Responsible for leading, designing, developing, automating and maintaining complex installations of environments software development and testing. Serves as an expert on a wide set of tools and technologies and serves as center of knowledge for complex implementation in the DevOPS ecosystem.
Has a wide view and understanding of the DevOps domain, contributes industry latest DevOps technology, contributing to the high-level design and dictating technical standards, tools, and platforms.
1. Engineering - Design, develop, modify and integrate complex infrastructure automation and deployment systems; Responsible that code and configuration are maintainable (IaaC), scalable and supportable; Use high level, extensive knowledge & expertise of the Amdocs product/solution and technologies to lead the direction of the infrastructure solution. Contributes with other teams to Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology (such as design-led thinking, DevOps) and release processes. Leads system reliability and operability. Serves as an expert and evangelist on DevOps technologies
2. Investigation - Investigates infrastructure issues by reviewing/debugging CI/CD pipeline and runtime environments and providing fixes (analyzes and fixes bugs) and workarounds. Reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions. Highlights risks and helps mitigate risks from technical aspects. Highest authority for resolving escalations
3. Technical Expertise - Serve as a highly specialized Technology / Product expert, acting with high autonomy to deliver agreed technical objectives. Provide technical expertise in terms of Infrastructure architecture usage for functional and non-functional aspects; Obtain a strong technologies context understanding while making technical decisions and solving technical issues; Recognized as professional authority, work on significant and unique problems of high level of complexity
4. Professional Leadership - Provide guidance to DevOps Specialists and Engineers for the E2E software deployment, maintenance & lifecycle; Establish, enforce, and guide on technical standards (e.g. tools, and platforms), ensure that documentation related to the CI/CD pipeline and architecture is correct and up to date; Initiate quality processes, such as performing complex technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems, promote Developers autonomy.
5. Analysis - Analyze and provide inputs for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features. Define high-level design & lead scoping work with the customer; Make decisions requiring extensive analysis and interpretation.
6. Innovation & Continuous Improvement – Define and lead continuous improvements/efficiencies to the product life cycle and business processes by utilizing common tools, different innovation techniques and guiding the reuse of existing ones.
7. Stay up to date with industry, research new technologies in practice in the industry and challenge the existing accounts/products life cycle status quo
8. Team Work and Collaboration - Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer reviews, provides comments and suggestions, and works with teams to achieve goals. Serves as the technical focal point with other teams to resolve issues.
9. Quality and SLAs – Defines and sets SLAs and KPIs as applicable for the organization, for example, Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs, etc.. Ensures assigned tasks are completed on time and that delivery timelines are met in accordance with quality targets of the organization.
A degree in Computer Science or equivalent - information technology, management information systems, software engineering and networking.