Big Data Senior Engineer
The data-platform team is responsible for building the next generation of our big-data solution: ingesting high-volume streams of data from multiple systems, enriching that data, processing it, and providing real-time queries, visualizations, insights, alerts, and other features from it.
- Design, develop and deploy big-data applications with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Monitor & Maintain production streaming and batch applications
- Promote best practices coding, code complete standards, OO programing & design patterns
- Collaborating with our architects, product owners and data scientists to capture, format and prepare data for machine learning
- Build and maintain a robust cost effective infrastructure for real time processing of millions of events per second
- Work with experienced and highly talented engineers in a CI/CD environment with cutting edge technologies.
- Take full responsibility and ownership from conception, development, quality to post-deployment
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- 5+ years of experience coding in Java
- B.Sc. Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent knowledge
- Team player, accountable, dedicated and passionate
- Proven experience in designing and building distributed and scalable systems
- Experience in relational databases - MySQL, Postgres, Big-Query etc.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with cloud services - GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience in NoSQL databases - Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis etc. - Big Advantage
- Experience with using queues and messaging systems - Kafka, PubSub ,SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc. - an Advantage
- Experience in building deployment pipelines using Jenkins and kubernetes - an Advantage
- Familiar with other cybersecurity solutions - an Advantage