We are looking for an engineering leader who will take the Databand observability platform to the next level. As a platform leader, you will lead a group of the talented platform and DevOps engineers in charge of stability, security, scalability, and Databand’s core services.
Your customers will be fellow engineering teams who count on you to understand what’s holding them back. You’ll be tasked with creating solutions to drive the development of infrastructure, enabling them to scale product features faster and safer. Our business stakeholders will count on you to ensure the Databand is ready to face our new challenges.
As the Platform Team Lead, engineers will look up to you for mentorship and technical leadership. You’ll guide them on how to tackle architecture problems and find creative solutions to resolve business and technological problems. You will constantly find new technical solutions for Databand’s needs, conducting POCs and assessments of new tools and technologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- • 2+ years of engineering management or technical leadership specifically solving problems and assisting the team to achieve product goals
• 5+ years working with Python for web development
• Demonstrated experience designing complex, cloud-native systems with multiple dynamic requirements.
• Demonstrated experience with high-performance systems including SQL and NoSQL DB.
• Demonstrated experience working with K8s and public cloud providers such as GCP or AWS.
• Experience with Agile development, Microservices, and CI/CD pipelines
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- • Experience deploying on-prem software and cloud (hybrid model)
• Passion for big data and understanding of data engineering technologies such as Airflow, Spark, Redshift, snowflake