At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The role involves significant interaction (e-ticketing,e-mailand some phone) with our merchants and our internalstakeholders& engineering teams.
- Must be able to quickly identify and resolve technical problems ranging from network issues, connection method errors, and payment processing problems through fundamental working knowledge and advanced troubleshooting techniques across an array of PayPal Products
- Works directly with developers, merchant,and internal teams on post integration issues toprovidetechnical support,consulting,and best practices.
- Installation and configuration of payment APIs, and commerce products.
- Conducts test scenarios with code, software, hardware, devices,and endpoints.
- Communicates technical issues to PayPal merchants and internal departments.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviors with PayPal products and services.
- Develops in-depth technical documents for distribution to PayPal merchants.
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API’s, Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
- Supports hardware and software involved with merchant payment processing.
- Supports onboarding of merchants with a payment processing solution.
- On call rotation – Entails covering one weekend 8am-4.30pm every other month
- No travel required
- Love and understanding of technology, whether it be hardware, software, or other emerging technologies.
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why. (Curious, motivated, self-serving, ability to take risks in a supportive / safe environment).
- Be comfortable with change - agility is key! (Be comfortable with supporting evolving product suite)
- Collaborate with internal and external partners toward problem solving
- Technical trusted advisor for our merchants
- Spends less time worrying about the problem and more time focusing on how to solve it
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Experience in a role that puts you in direct contact with customers or clients.
- Possess patience and a desire to be a Customer Champion, (Customer empathy and advocacy)
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline
- Experience in creating and troubleshooting web services, such as SOAP and REST
- Basic understanding of Firewalls, proxy, HTTP Errors, server-side errors, TCP/IP
- Experience with Software Application Debugging and troubleshooting
Additional Job Description:
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at