Partner with the best
As a Senior Software Engineer at Akamai, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and maintaining a range of network & security-oriented libraries and applications on Mobile and Desktop.
- Following and implementing best-practice in SDLC.
- Working closely with Product, Design and Platform teams, to help define and deliver on our roadmaps.
- Collaborating with Engineering and QA colleagues on shared components and systems (Common libraries, frameworks, build, test systems)
- Supporting existing applications and systems as required.
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have extensive commercial software development experience as a systems and/or network developer.
- Have deep expertise with Networking & Security technologies and concepts (e.g. IP/DNS/TCP/HTTP/TLS/PKI and Proxies/VPNs/Wireshark etc).
- Have expert knowledge of at least 1 system programming language (e.g. Go/C/C++).
- Have demonstrable expertise building services/daemons/drivers that operate at the network layer.
- Have familiarity with application development on Windows and/or MacOS.
- Be an excellent communicator, comfortable working in an Agile team environment.
- Have academic qualifications in the field of Computer Science, or equivalent.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Akamai is committed to complying with COVID-19 requirements in the countries where it operates. For locations or roles subject to vaccination mandates, we require proof of vaccination, if permitted, as a condition of employment. We will provide additional details regarding our vaccine record submission protocols during the hiring and onboarding process.