Juniper Networks —Software Engineering – Belfast, Northern Ireland
Description / Responsibilities
You will work as part of a team creating cloud scalable software solutions. You will participate in the complete product lifecycle in the area of network management software – design, development, test, installation – ensuring successful project execution and completion.
Successful candidates will have:
- strong software development skills and experience in mentoring others;
- proven analytical skills and the ability to debug and support live applications;
- the ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- experience of the latest cloud software technologies and be able to contribute in a fast-paced collaborative development environment
- experience in implementing ‘cloud native’ software in a multi-threaded, multi-tenanted solution
Specific Responsibilities will include:
· Software development within the Software Design Team, implementing all aspects of software development including; design, specification, verification, implementation and system integration for management applications;
· Contribute to ongoing architectural and evolution of cloud hosted applications
· Instigate and promote software improvement processes
· Attaining technical leadership of specific aspects of a complex software solution
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent coupled with 4+years' progressive software development experience.
- 4+ years' experience in developing production software in a team environment.
- Solid software development background that includes experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Proven ability to deliver against goals and proactively addressing process/quality issues as they arise
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate across various functional levels
- Experience in designing server side software within a distributed services architecture and an understanding of software design for scale, performance, simplicity and reliability
- Experience with:
- Unit Test Frameworks; Test Driven Development
- User Interface Design using a framework such as Angular, React or Vue
- Web Services, NoSQL; Messaging
- Docker; Kubernetes; Spring Boot
- Jenkins pipelines and Continuous delivery models for software.
- Network concepts and protocols including TCP/IP; SSL; HTTP; JSON
- Linux operating systems