About Our Team
Juniper Networks is an industry-leading vendor of network gear and software. We are a fast-growing group in the CTO organization, focused exclusively on developing a Kubernetes-based software platform for Juniper’s internal use. The platform supports multiple cloud providers, on-premise data centers, and hybrid configurations. This platform is also the base Kubernetes infrastructure for customer facing Juniper software products.
- Design and implement external facing public APIs using REST principles, Swagger documentation and CLI client gen, access control, logging/auditing etc.
- Implement unit and functional tests using mock frameworks to deliver high quality software products
- Integrate application with open-tracing to have debugging/performance monitoring in production
- Package the application as a Kubernetes microservice and deploy on public cloud and on-prem environments.
- Support customer issues and bugs
- Work in a multifaceted Agile development environment and being adaptable to changing requirements
- Driven eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into sophisticated problems
- Document architectures, procedures, and processes in use and contribute to the improvement of the process
- Continuously review the product and code for optimizations and performance improvements
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to bring into the platform
- Design end-end architecture of newer systems and components and present them to the team
- Lead and mentor other specialists in the team
- Participate in planning, estimation, prioritization and cost-benefit analysis for projects
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Total 12+ yrs of proven experience
- Strong programming background preferably in distributed systems
- Ability to write custom data structures and algorithms
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong experience in Linux based systems (Administration level preferred)
- Familiarity with software engineering tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Code review.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes or other container management solutions
- Proven track record to work collaboratively with teams and influence their technological direction
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Go
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with Kubernetes lifecycle management
- Background in REST, GRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases (Mongo, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Cassandra, Zookeeper etc)
Juniper is an Equal Opportunity workplace and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation